Sunday, June 24, 2012

Quinoa Bites

A few days ago I had posted pictures of Quinoa Bites that I had made on Instagram and quite a few people wanted the recipe. It is so easy, health and filling to make. I got the recipe from So Very Blessed. I changed it up a bit because I was missing some ingredients and they still turned out really good! 


Quinoa Bites:

2 cups cooked quinoa
2 large eggs
1 cup shredded carrot
2 stalks green onion, diced (I used caramelized onions!)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (I didn't have this so I did not add it, still yummy!)
1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese 
2 Tbs all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper


First step is preheating the oven to 350 F. Second step is just mixing all the ingredients together in a bowl. To cook I used a greased mini cupcake tin. You fill each tin to the top and voilà

Bake for about 10-20 mins. They taste so much better when they are not overcooked so keep and eye out for them! 

Once you have finished making them you just have to wait till they cool and enjoy! I used a Parmesan and garlic dressing I had lying around. You can experiment with dressings till you find the one that you like the best! 

Enjoy!

xoxo Flore 

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, these sound delicious.
    It's like a different take on the quinoa bake that my husband & I make.

    We will definitely be trying this recipe soon, and I will be putting it on my next Links To Love post.

    Thanks so much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you darling <3
      I made another batch and added even more cheese, those where better! Just a little hint!

      And you are very welcome!

      Delete
  2. Those look delish! I've never made quinoa...I definitely need to try it! Thanks a bunch for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is the perfect way to get introduced to quinoa! You are very welcome, doll!

      Delete